Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a home site for the High Ritual of Chaos, in Guild Wars.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Comittee Discussions

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Alexio
Admin
Alexio

Comittee Discussions Empty
PostSubject: Comittee Discussions   Comittee Discussions EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 7:30 pm

Time to really start these going so by the time of the event, we have everything we need to do the event and do it well. Let me know if you need to spend time with me personally to address concerns or to figure out a tricky situation. As you get information about how your progress is coming, please check in here so everyone knows where we are.

Recruitment/Marketing - The group of people who appear and answer questions about the event in public, and gets people to commit to showing up at the date/time. We want to fill the guild hall with happy, excited, interested people who aren't too annoying or create problems. We want to charge a small 50 gold admittance fee to raise money for the guild. Will be working with Vendor Planning folks.

Recruiting Committee
Volunteer Names = Gold

1.) Come up with a web page with details for the event, presented in ways that's exciting and factual for the actual event.

2.) Figure out what sort of promotional budget you would need in order to attract people to the event.

3.) We need to fill up the guild hall with guests who are willing to attend the event. May have to wait until we decide which week/day/time to hold it, but find out if people are even interested.

4.) Come up with flyers out of game, or online gamer radio stations that are willing to mention it.

Menu/Vendor Planning - The group of people responsible for figuring out how much snacks/drinks to get and what kinds and then actually get it and handle it. This group may also be responsible for serving individuals within the guild hall the night of the event. It is their job to make sure they get fun stuff that's appropriate to the theme as well as organize prizes and party favors for those who come. Will be working with Recruitment folks.

Vendor Committee
Volunteer Names = Zim (Yay Zim!), Okino

1.) Let's start getting a list of what supplies we have, and what we need for your requested plan. This will probably also include an estimate of what money you need for the event for your plan to work.

2.) Can you figure out what serving staff you need and how long they might be needed? If they work for the event are they going to be paid, or receive some other benefit?

3.) What ideas have you come up with for mini-games or other festivities we can actually do within the guild for fun?

4.) Is everyone going to be serving different things, or the same things? Will they be served till they run out? Will different things be offered at different times of the evening?

Farming - This event is going to cost money. Probably quite a bit. We however don't want to break our guild budget in order to have this fun event. We want to be able to do this often. So this group is responsible for farming the money to hold the event. You should be familiar with good hunting spots, prices of items, not mind farming, and willing to donate your profits to the guild for simple thanks (Maybe not all but a generous percentage so we can do a really fantastic event).

Farming Committee
Volunteer Names = Okino, Periwinkle Red

1.) I'd like a general accounting of what resources have been raised for the other committees. What do you estimate the end result to be?

2.) What is the general schedule of farming? Let's make sure you have no other responsibilities within the guild that day so you can focus on farming.

3.) Do you need anything of the other committees in order to make the work easier?

Entertainment - This group is responsible for managing the entertainment at the event and making sure everyone is having fun. Things include games/mini games, organizing tournaments, and skits if there are any. For this event I would like to have a play list of videos that we have on youtube so everyone can listen to what we're listening to. This aspect is important to me, so whoever volunteers for this group will be working with me much of the time.

Entertainment Committee
Volunteer Names = Alexio D'Amore, Zim (Yay Zim!)

1.) The music playlists (youtube account) has been created. Requesting music from the members so we can deciding what to play for the given event.

2.) Need to work on completing ideas for mini-games/events within the guild hall to make the night exciting and enjoyable.

3.) Working on a time schedule for things to happen throughout the night.

4.) Working on a budget for the mini-games/events, but mostly will be relying on being self-sufficient.

Other Notes;
These reports do not have to be in today. They don't have to be in this week, but after this week everyone working on the committees should be thinking about the answers to these questions and reporting in. I encourage you to request help from your friends in the guild, as well as from other guilds. You don't have to do it alone.

The sooner we have the information, and we start getting elements done, the smoother the event will be, and the more exciting it will be. I hope we get everyone in the guild working for at least 1 committee. Thank you.

Last edited by Alexio on Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:13 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://hroc.darkbb.com
Okino
Knight
Knight
Okino

Comittee Discussions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comittee Discussions   Comittee Discussions EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 3:43 pm

again i figure that i will be working in a mixture of sorts.

Most likely however i will be in vending, farming, or maybe marketing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesimplemarketplace.com

Comittee Discussions
Page 1 of 1