Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a home site for the High Ritual of Chaos, in Guild Wars.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What you need to know as a System Admin (Teamspeak/Website)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Alexio
Admin
Alexio

What you need to know as a System Admin (Teamspeak/Website) Empty
PostSubject: What you need to know as a System Admin (Teamspeak/Website)   What you need to know as a System Admin (Teamspeak/Website) EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 10:59 am

I'm going to be talking to Zim soon about getting Okino/Mike onboard as system admins for both the website and teamspeak relatively soon. This way, as long as an officer is online, they can add a person to either teamspeak or the website.

[Team Administration]
I provided a step by step walkthrough of getting onto teamspeak
here

However, you need to add people before they can log onto the server. Our limit is 25 people, so if you're signing up 10 people in one day, let Zim know.

To sign onto the teamspeak admin website
here

You can use your login information to access the site. Just make sure the address is set to 8770.

Once you login into the website, you select user manager on the left.
You'll be taken to the list of people who have access to the server. As well as add client at the bottom. For now just worry about adding people. If people need to be removed, or have passwords/logins changed, either Zim or I will handle it.

Once you have someone who's downloaded the client, ask them what they want their login name to be. It should be similiar to their character name or main character name so we can keep track of folks. The password for them and all members is 'hroc'.

You type the password twice and hit add. They should be added to the teamspeak server if they have the right client, and the right server address.

A few notes;

Use non-caps for now as I'm not sure if it's case-sensitive. you can use spaces in the login name so if you do, make sure the member knows exactly how it's spelled.

[Web Site Administration]
Still have to set up a few things and give everyone a step by step overview on how to do things in the website, so it might take me a few days to set up. For now post and moderate. If you have any questions on how to moderate, please send me a message on the site.
Back to top Go down
https://hroc.darkbb.com

What you need to know as a System Admin (Teamspeak/Website)
Page 1 of 1