Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a home site for the High Ritual of Chaos, in Guild Wars.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

HROC Holiday Bash

Go down 
+2
Okino
Alexio
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Alexio
Admin
Alexio

HROC Holiday Bash Empty
PostSubject: HROC Holiday Bash   HROC Holiday Bash EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 2:55 pm

High Ritual of Chaos
Secret Soltice
December 2008
7:00 pm (*)

The date has been changed to provide more time to get involved, and raise funds to make it really memorable and also as a way of doing a big holiday celebration. Please make sure you fill out the poll of when to have the event and volunteer if you have some spare time online. The more people we have volunteering the easier and more fun it ends up.

Organized by Alexio D'Amore jocolor

To all members and officers, next month I'd like to start with my events by holding a first celebration (Secret Solatice) to tie it to our name (High Ritual of Chaos) and invite people not from the guild to the hall and hold a big party to get our name out there.

In order to get things running smoothly so I don't kill myself I'd like to ask for volunteers for the following committees;

Recruitment/Marketing - The group of people who appear and answer questions about the event in public, and gets people to commit to showing up at the date/time. We want to fill the guild hall with happy, excited, interested people who aren't too annoying or create problems. We want to charge a small 50 gold admittance fee to raise money for the guild. Will be working with Vendor Planning folks.

Recruiting Committee
Volunteer Names =
Gold

Menu/Vendor Planning - The group of people responsible for figuring out how much snacks/drinks to get and what kinds and then actually get it and handle it. This group may also be responsible for serving individuals within the guild hall the night of the event. It is their job to make sure they get fun stuff that's appropriate to the theme as well as organize prizes and party favors for those who come. Will be working with Recruitment folks.

Vendor Committee
Volunteer Names =
Zim (Yay Zim!)

Farming - This event is going to cost money. Probably quite a bit. We however don't want to break our guild budget in order to have this fun event. We want to be able to do this often. So this group is responsible for farming the money to hold the event. You should be familiar with good hunting spots, prices of items, not mind farming, and willing to donate your profits to the guild for simple thanks (Maybe not all but a generous percentage so we can do a really fantastic event).

Farming Committee
Volunteer Names =
Okino, Periwinkle Red

Entertainment - This group is responsible for managing the entertainment at the event and making sure everyone is having fun. Things include games/mini games, organizing tournaments, and skits if there are any. For this event I would like to have a play list of videos that we have on youtube so everyone can listen to what we're listening to. This aspect is important to me, so whoever volunteers for this group will be working with me much of the time.

Entertainment Committee
Volunteer Names =
Alexio D'Amore, Zim (Yay Zim!)

If you'd like to sign up for a committee just post a reply with the one you want to sign up for. I'll post immediately after this signing up so you know what it looks like. Not everyone needs to volunteer but the more we have the nicer the event can end up. We should have at least 4 people sign up for each committee so we don't have gaps. I want to avoid 16 people on marketing and 0 on say entertainment.

This event is currently up in the air as a possibility. If we don't get people involved, or there's no work being done on it we can try to reschedule it may just cancel it. If I don't get enough help on this, I'll mark it as NON-DOABLE. Committees can still work on it, it just may take time until we get enough people to sign up and working.

If you guys would like to go with a particular theme such as a winter masquerade then I'm happy to listen to ideas. I'm also open if you want to change the time/date when we hold the event. At this point I'd like to get some feedback.

When you sign up to join a committee please leave your email address so everyone knows how to contact offline people. I expect committee members to be willing to work 20 hours total on this. Doesn't have to be twenty straight hours. Some committees might require more, some MIGHT require less, but you should be willing to give your all.

If you'd like JUST to sign up for the event post your character name and email address.

Last edited by Alexio on Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:28 pm; edited 11 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://hroc.darkbb.com
Alexio
Admin
Alexio

HROC Holiday Bash Empty
PostSubject: Re: HROC Holiday Bash   HROC Holiday Bash EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 2:56 pm

I'd like to sign up for the Entertainment Committee;
Alexio D'Amore - Keyhayami@hotmail.com

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Gold (Gu

HROC Holiday Bash Empty
PostSubject: Re: HROC Holiday Bash   HROC Holiday Bash EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 5:26 pm

I would like to sign up for the Recuritment/Marketing and Farming i know price's and can help somewhat

Name= Gold
Email= Gameraccount66@yahoo.ca

Also id like to add if anyone else need's help id be gladly avalibile to help with anything else so just ask me and i shall come to the aid
Back to top Go down
Okino
Knight
Knight
Okino

HROC Holiday Bash Empty
PostSubject: Re: HROC Holiday Bash   HROC Holiday Bash EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 5:54 pm

I wont be able to make this event, since i have plans to attend the camp reunion that same night.

However, I will help farm. I do not know prices as well as i should, but i can bring in some gold and a few good things here and there.

Just a few things for committees to consider.

Recruiting is one thing...but to market the idea? We should come up with a set plan to do this. Otherwise i can see some problems heading our way when it comes to getting new people into our celebration. Also look into making alliances. Find the groups that are new and bring them in...easy alliance. Or maybe not...

Menu...considering that this is a GW thing, the menu will most likely consist of hunter ale, dwarven ale, aged dwarven ale, bottled rice wine, egg nog, creme brulee, sweet snacks etc...anything that would go toward the drunken or the sweet titles. There are also food items from nf that produce health regen. Question is...are we willing to farm for them and pay for them? These cost quite a bit and will require more money then we all previously realized. I also strongly suggest making a storage toon with vendor in the name. Vendor okino or Loraina the vendor for example.

entertainment...you tube...ok that works. But there needs to be in game things as well. i suggest a little game of find the item...3 officers will show a person an item they could win. The officers will trade the item back and forth, then the person will have to choose from the 3. If they get it, they win it. Raffle as well...game personele should have games in their names. Raffle Okino, or just plain Raffle vendor.

When making announcements they should be saved for guild chat. while games and such should be saved for trade chat and or team chat depending.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thesimplemarketplace.com
Zim
Guild Lord
Guild Lord
Zim

HROC Holiday Bash Empty
PostSubject: Re: HROC Holiday Bash   HROC Holiday Bash EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 7:08 pm

Vendor Committee
Volunteer Names = Zim Ora- metalck@yahoo.com

I can also try to help with entertainment as well. We should sit down and really talk about it so I can no exactly how to help ya Smile

Maybe get us all on the Site chat. So everyone can be one to talk about it..

Razz
Back to top Go down

HROC Holiday Bash Empty
PostSubject: Re: HROC Holiday Bash   HROC Holiday Bash EmptyWed Sep 17, 2008 11:41 pm

Ill join the Farming committee see as im going to be farming anyways might as well help out right....

Dark- Deaths_warrior66@yahoo.com
Back to top Go down
Alexio
Admin
Alexio

HROC Holiday Bash Empty
PostSubject: Re: HROC Holiday Bash   HROC Holiday Bash EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 3:38 pm

Dark wrote:
Ill join the Farming committee see as im going to be farming anyways might as well help out right....

Dark- Deaths_warrior66@yahoo.com

Dark as I mentioned I'm not going to add you to the farming committee unless, you understand what I mentioned in the guild chat.

1.) I really want you to care about this event and do your best.
2.) You understand that ultimately this is my event, and I make the last call. My decisions are final.
3.) You may end up working with/for others that are not officers to get things done.

If you can handle these, and agree to abide my way of doing things I'll add you. I've had a hard time answering this post considering some of the history. I am however willing to give you a shot if you really want to help.
Back to top Go down
Okino
Knight
Knight
Okino

HROC Holiday Bash Empty
PostSubject: Re: HROC Holiday Bash   HROC Holiday Bash EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 4:49 pm

Alexio,

It might be hard to put him in a standing or temp committee, but you can allow him to help regardless of his postition towards the event.

Any help is always greatly appreciated.

Here is how i look at it: At least dark is actually volunteering to help. Before i did for that matter...

As for me.

I do not know exactly where to be put.

I will sub the farming under Gold, I will also sub for entertainment and come up with mini games, rules, and assist those before me. I can also help vend. But my work will be very limited in this section.

The most time will be spent in entertainment. I will also see how killroy hm runs are like...hopefully they are good.

darrenokino@yahoo.com
Back to top Go down
Alexio
Admin
Alexio

HROC Holiday Bash Empty
PostSubject: yeah Okino I understand.   HROC Holiday Bash EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 6:32 pm

I do welcome help, which is why I said that if he cared about it I'd welcome him aboard. But one I don't want dark lashing out at someone, or even being tense with me about it. I want people who want to do it. Help is fine, but if they don't really care about it, I don't want em on board. That's my preference.

I'm not saying that's the case here. I'm saying that Dark and I have had some clashes, and I don't want this to end up difficult because we can't agree what the game plan is.
Back to top Go down
periwinkle
Event Cordinator
Event Cordinator
periwinkle

HROC Holiday Bash Empty
PostSubject: Re: HROC Holiday Bash   HROC Holiday Bash EmptyTue Oct 07, 2008 9:46 pm

Kinda new here, but am helping farm some...
Back to top Go down
Zim
Guild Lord
Guild Lord
Zim

HROC Holiday Bash Empty
PostSubject: Re: HROC Holiday Bash   HROC Holiday Bash EmptyTue Oct 21, 2008 1:39 am

Anything you can help us do is great. Talk to Alexio he will let you no more on whats the best to help for the event for us.. Thanks bunches.. Smile
Back to top Go down
Alexio
Admin
Alexio

HROC Holiday Bash Empty
PostSubject: Let's start putting the details together ^_^   HROC Holiday Bash EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 3:25 pm

Ok, we got 4 votes in the poll of when to have the event (you can vote here) [please vote if you haven't already]. I'd like to get a few more before we make it definite and start commiting times to it. We would like to have as many members as possible there so we can celebrate, exchange gifts, and have fun. Please vote.

Here's some more of the details I'd like to do for the event. If you believe we should do something differently, please let me know ASAP. Thank you.

I was thinking we would hold the event over three days (so maybe a friday/saturday/sunday). Day 1 is final prep and rehersal and guild meeting to tie up loose ends. Day 2 is the guild celebration/personal secret solistice. This is a good time to share the holidays with the guild, drinking, celebrating, questing, and exchanging in game gifts. We can also do mini-games, and things like truth or dare. Day 3 we hold the big open event, where all the attendies come to party hard. We drink, have mini-game, have snacks, play official playlists, and try to make it as fun and exciting as possible. If we have a large group and impress them, we have a good chance of recruiting quite a few.

Recruiting/Marketing - I'd like to have about 50 guests to attend. Ultimately more is nicer (filling the guild hall with people and activity) but 50 is a good number to start off with.

We need to get people signed up/committing to the date (which is why we need the date) so we can send em guest passes to come to the guild hall.

We've gotta get some creative people on this so we can really get some excitement about it. Saying "Party being held at so and so, lots of drinking and snacks, pm me" isn't going to be good enough.

Menu/Vendor Planing - I don't know where we are in terms of amounts of drinks/snacks (maybe Zim can post it) but we should have enough for people to buy at the very least during the party. If we invite 50 people we should have enough for 5 drinks per person. (They're not free, so figure how many we have/versus need to calculate how much we have to sell em for).

I'd like for us to get some volunteers to serve the party night, but we're kinda lacking. I am willing to pay for time working the party. Waiters will be dressed as 'Sinister Golems' using the Sinister Automatonic.

Current donations from me = 100k for the party. So please start getting estimates on the amounts needed so we can make sure we have enough for it, the invites, and other activities.

Farming - I estimate we'll have 120k to 150k for the party (at least farmed for on my part). We need more volunteers willing to hunt and donate resources to the party if we're going to make it really fun. Liquor/snacks in game unfortunately are very expensive (like 400 to 500 gold each). As I said, we can charge for em, so we're not completely exhausting our resources, but we should still have enough to have a large selection of things.

Entertainment - We need a list of mini-games, and who wants to run each. This includes
rules, diagrams, and what resources are required. Examples might be a
scavenger hunt, or where's waldo.

I still need music requests for all of our playlists to play at the party. I have gotten 0 requests or feedback. Please tell me what you want. I'd like this to be democratic, but we need to start on the details. If we don't, it's going to be terrible. To see what music lists we have click here)

Lastly a note;
We have as of late been getting rather apathetic in terms of posting, and trying to improve the guild. At least from my point of view. I had hoped we could hold this large celebration in order to have fun as a guild, get new members, and start getting people involved. To say I have met with resistance is a bit of a understatement. I have asked people to please post, and I have been basically blown off. I understand folks are busy, but I also know that many people in the guild have had been in game and bored, but refuse to post.

I'm nervous that right now we might not be able to hold the event because besides a few officers, and a couple of members, people are not getting involved. So if you don't want to do a holiday party at all, please tell me. I'm giving up time hunting/farming/planning. I could use the money for the party in game. If you're not interested, tell me you're not interested. Don't let me assume people will do it, and then never show. It's happened to me before. I hate wasting my time. I hate people who waste my time.

Please let me know if you do not wish to have a holiday celebration for the guild. We can use the time/money resources for something far better if no one plans on showing up or helping.
Back to top Go down
Okino
Knight
Knight
Okino

HROC Holiday Bash Empty
PostSubject: Re: HROC Holiday Bash   HROC Holiday Bash EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 4:27 pm

my suggestion is to find those who will have one with you.

shoot ask around buddy.

I was talking with a few other people i played with and they said that they would be thrilled to attend or help for that matter.

In this case it is the marketing publicity crew that needs to get on this. Just play with people who are chill...like the ones that just sit in towns and talk around. Yeh sure...we might not get the "free" people, but it will get our name out there.

Its a people business.
Back to top Go down
Zim
Guild Lord
Guild Lord
Zim

HROC Holiday Bash Empty
PostSubject: Re: HROC Holiday Bash   HROC Holiday Bash EmptySat Nov 01, 2008 3:17 pm

I am going to have all the holiday stuff up by monday the booze sweets and all the other stuff we willl have going on then i can try to start getting pl to help with what we need left. Also to see who will help with the vending with me on this too..
Back to top Go down
The New Devastator
Citizen
Citizen

HROC Holiday Bash Empty
PostSubject: Re: HROC Holiday Bash   HROC Holiday Bash EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 8:41 pm

I am interested in attending the holiday party. It sounds like a good time. I am willing to help ot any way I can.
Back to top Go down
periwinkle
Event Cordinator
Event Cordinator
periwinkle

HROC Holiday Bash Empty
PostSubject: Re: HROC Holiday Bash   HROC Holiday Bash EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 10:54 pm

I for one am going to be in gh for a party! Been gathering and donating, and deserve to party!
There are complaints about folk not posting and such, but when posts with questions do not get answered, or a long time before a post gets a reply, then posting becomes pointless.
There are numerous areas here to post, but some have gone for months without a post!
I challenge everyone that reads this one, to respond!!!! even if its bad!!
Back to top Go down
Gold
Event Cordinator
Event Cordinator
Gold

HROC Holiday Bash Empty
PostSubject: Re: HROC Holiday Bash   HROC Holiday Bash EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 11:31 am

I aggre but it can't be helped if no one wants to check the site I've seen people join the site and not even post >.> and with people posting and nobody responds can't be helped either but it would be great if the guild got active on the site. Me though I can't really say anything since I've been gone for about 3 months >.
Back to top Go down
https://hroc.darkbb.com/
Alexio
Admin
Alexio

HROC Holiday Bash Empty
PostSubject: To those involved.   HROC Holiday Bash EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 1:07 pm

Thanks for posting. We appreciate it. I'm still rather shy as a person but I'm usually available to chat within game. I have good news and bad news. The bad news is I don't think the big Christmas Party is going to fly. The good news though is we can have a smaller guild only holiday party that is just as much fun.

We do need a couple of things though;
Tell me what music you want played (if you can, find the video on youtube and gimme the link)
And reply here with when you think we should have it. Since our meeting days are saturday I was thinking of having 4 smaller parties (1 each week in December on a Saturday).

Check in the Announcements later. All the details will be posted. I encourage everyone to post and let me know which weeks are best for you to participate so we can make this as fun as possible.
Back to top Go down
Zim
Guild Lord
Guild Lord
Zim

HROC Holiday Bash Empty
PostSubject: Re: HROC Holiday Bash   HROC Holiday Bash EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 10:03 pm

Alexio/Nick...

I wish we could get everyone more active. But maybe with the being a smaller family style atm we will get more progress with it. And i will honestly with the next few weeks try to buckle down and meet ppl online and make em have fun and game with us here in HROC.... And let me no the dates needed for the events and i will be here unless work takes my life lol
Back to top Go down
periwinkle
Event Cordinator
Event Cordinator
periwinkle

HROC Holiday Bash Empty
PostSubject: Re: HROC Holiday Bash   HROC Holiday Bash EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 1:15 am

well, this is a good start: responding!

Not sure if I would want to have several parties, not very much gold in this direction, and it takes funds to purchase tickets, booze, snacks, etc...
Peri
Back to top Go down
Zim
Guild Lord
Guild Lord
Zim

HROC Holiday Bash Empty
PostSubject: Re: HROC Holiday Bash   HROC Holiday Bash EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 7:57 pm

Ya itll take moniy/gold. But we can do other things and events where it wont cost money. Like running a toon farming ect... We will try to do things where everyone can be apart of it.. Smile
Back to top Go down
periwinkle
Event Cordinator
Event Cordinator
periwinkle

HROC Holiday Bash Empty
PostSubject: Re: HROC Holiday Bash   HROC Holiday Bash EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 10:07 pm

Everyone and anyone can farm and donate. That way the guild leaders can sell for gold and get what we need!

YEA!

Also, you can show your support just by posting!
Back to top Go down
Zim
Guild Lord
Guild Lord
Zim

HROC Holiday Bash Empty
PostSubject: Re: HROC Holiday Bash   HROC Holiday Bash EmptySun Nov 23, 2008 5:59 pm

Tell em Peri Smile
Back to top Go down
periwinkle
Event Cordinator
Event Cordinator
periwinkle

HROC Holiday Bash Empty
PostSubject: Re: HROC Holiday Bash   HROC Holiday Bash EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 11:29 am

Looks like at least a few of us have started posting more. Lets let the bad things lie in the past, and go from here.
A smaller guild party is just fine. Just want to get together with as many of you that will show up so we can see your toon, if nothing else. LOl If I can farm, all the new folk can farm also! its not hard. just collect, and donate.
I tried to post an avie, but cant find a pic of myself. lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

HROC Holiday Bash Empty
PostSubject: Re: HROC Holiday Bash   HROC Holiday Bash Empty

Back to top Go down

HROC Holiday Bash
Page 1 of 1